Skip to main content

Fabulous Friday Feature: Casey Herringshaw



Today I welcome a kindred spirit, an inspiration, a sparky personality, and future authoress.  

I met Casey through ACFW and found her to be a rich source of Christlike friendship. When I asked Casey to share the "real" her with you, she said:

Defining You



I’m a writer. Words make up my world into a brighter, cheerier place (though sometimes when my characters misbehave, it can become a darker, more dangerous existence. ;-)




I have a list of words that describe me. Words that make up who I am to my friends, my family and to myself.

Nerdy knitter.
Avid reader.
General all-around farm girl.
Sister.
Daughter.
Aspiring author.
Contest finalist.
Friend.
Jewelry designer.
Nurses’ Aide.

I wear a lot of hats. I use a lot of words. But you know the most important ones to me? The words that represent those closest in my lives. Daughter. Sister. Child of the King.

Sure, being an aspiring author is great. Donning the scrubs is a challenge. And making the jewelry is just plain fun, but they don’t represent me.

Some people would say it’s my chair-dancing personality sneaking out and I’m just a fun-lovin’ gal. (That’s what my ACFW friends would say.)

My Alley Cats would just call me cheeky and sassy (when they are having a friendly, be-nice-to-Casey) day.

My family would tell you I’m helpful and a great daughter (might as well aim for the best, right??) but can be a might disagreeable at times.

But what I do I really want to be labeled for? What words do I want people to think of when they see me?

Christ-like.
Loving.
Giving.

Those are the words I want remembered of me and spoken of when my name is said. I want my heart to be so synonymous with Christ’s that nothing can separate one from the other.

If you had three words you had to pick, which ones would you choose and hope people would say of you? I hope you’ll share in the comments, I’d love to get to know you!

Casey Herringshaw is a homeschool graduate and has been writing since high school. She lives in rural Eastern Oregon in a town more densely populated with cows than people. Taking the words and stories God has placed on her heart and putting them on paper is one of her highest passions in life. Casey is a member of ACFW. You can connect with her through her personal blog,Writing for Christ and her writing related group blog,The Writer's Alley 



Some day you will hold one of Casey Herringshaw's books in your hand. You'll stay up late trying to finish a chapter then tell all your friends the next day. For now, please share a word of encouragement for Casey.

Comments

I LOVE BE-NICE-TO-CASEY DAYS!!! Seriously, you have such a beautiful, fun, sassy spirit about you, given by God. I love claiming you as friend!

Hhhhmmm, what I want others to think about me...okay, how about, Jesus-follower, loving, happy-laughter-guru (I love to laugh!)
Casey said…
Sherrinda, I love them too! Hehe. ;)

Girlfriend, I can't WAIT to meet you, I hope you plan to hang around a couple hours.

LOVE your descriptive words. Totally you. Love that laugh. :D
Casey said…
Hello Mary!! Thank you so much for hosting me! It's so awesome to visit you in your cyber home. And the pictures you chose...my new best friend, you picked great (safe) ones. ;-D
Hey Sherrinda,
Thanks for stopping by to see Case and me. You picked good words to describe you:)
Case,
It's gonna be a fun few days having you here. Oh, and I left those other pics at home:)
Unknown said…
Casey, I love this. :)

My list is somewhat similar to yours. :) Voracious reader. Aspiring author. Quaking query-ier. :) But thanks for the reminder that sister, daughter, BFF, friend, neighbor, teacher, saved-by-grace-sinner...*these* are the words that are the most important to me.

Blessings,
Rachelle
Rachelle,
I think many of us stand by you in the quaking query-ier category.
Will you be at the conference?
Hope so.
Thanks for joining us today.
Unknown said…
Unfortunately, not this year. :) I'm in my junior year of college... but maybe next year!
Casey, I loved, loved, LOVED what you said about you name being linked to Christ's. What a wonderful aspiration for all of us to try and achieve. Struggling a bit to narrow it down to three words, which happens to be the problem with my lengthy manuscript, but here they are:

God's daughter
Wife-and-mother
Author-for-Christ

Yeah, yeah, I know . . . I cheated a little with the hyphens. :-)Have a great day!
Casey said…
Rachelle, oh yes ma'am! Never forget how special you are to others. We are more than just the sum of our experiences. We are made so much up of those who love us!

Thanks for stopping by!
Casey said…
Ava, cheat all you want! I think those are great things to be--how special that makes you to those who love you best! :-)

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Rachelle,
Sounds like your plate is full with exciting things. Perhaps another year?
Ava,
I too like your choices.
Write them down and paste them by your computer as a reminder. Great words:)
Julie Lessman said…
YES, you "wear a lot of hats," Case, but the best one to me is "friend extraordinaire," because you truly are!! I am SO grateful for your friendship and hope to dance at your wedding!! :)

Hugs,
Julie

Popular posts from this blog

Fabulous Friday Feature-Laura Frantz

Today I welcome  Laura Frantz, a gracious lady showing the love of Christ with her smile. Enter to win Laura's  September 2013 release, Love's Awakening Scroll to the end of the post to see how to enter. I was introduced to Laura at an ACFW conference by my a fellow Writer's Alley Cat writer. Immediately I saw Laura's gracious spirit. It's been about two years since and I thought of that Christlike spirit when I noticed her new book release. I asked Laura to share with us the journey God has led her on for her writing career. Of course she graciously agreed. Here is what she said: You Were Born For Nothing Less Thanks so much for having me here, Mary. It’s always a joy to revisit my writing journey as it stays fresh and is always humbling to think how God led me to this place.  In a nutshell… I’ve written stories – historical fiction only – since I was seven years old. I think I came into the world hardwired to write. I didn’t

Fabulous Friday Feature-Julie Lessman

Today I welcome a well-known authoress, one with a bubbly, energetic personality  and has become a sweet friend:  Julie Lessman .   Enter to win an autographed copy of one of Julie's books! see below I met Julie through ACFW. She taught the first class I attended at ACFW. Her husband graciously showed, enduring Julie's stories. She taught how to write Christian Romance. We laughed and learned so much that night.  I asked her to share her writing journey with us. Here is what she wrote: My Journey As a Christian Romance Writer … My journey as a romance author actually came LONG before my journey with God. It happened the moment I read Gone With the Wind at the age of twelve. The instant that Scarlett seared Rhett with a look on the winding staircase of Twelve Oaks, I was hooked, and my “romance-writing career” began with a 150-page, single-spaced ms. entitled When Tomorrow C

Fabulous Feature-Terri Reed

Today we welcome author: Terri Reed A commenter will win a copy of Terri's book: Person of Interest Book 1 of the Rookie K-9 Series Scroll down to see how. Mary here.     I asked Terri: how has God led  you on your writing journey? Here is what she said:   Dreams God Has for Me Thank you Mary for hosting me today. When America was attacked in September 2011, the world changed. I remember my heart hurt for those who had suffered and died. I thought how could my writing ever mean anything to anyone when there were more important issues going on in the world.  I had been writing and trying to publish for eight years at that point and was getting discouraged. I had begun to think maybe it was time to let the dream of publishing go.  A few weeks after 9/11 my women’s Bible study went for a weekend retreat to the beach. The theme of the retreat was Dream Big. Throughout the weekend I kept wondering what God would want me to dream