Skip to main content

Round Robin-Blog Hop

My friend, Pepper Basham tagged me in a fun round of blog hop. 

You are invited to play too!.

Here are the rules:

Answer the ten questions below and post them on your own blog. Tell me what date you are going to post them. I will then put a link here on my post to your blog. Easy, right?

Here are the ten questions:

1.  What is the working title of your book?
2.  Where diid the idea come from for the book?
3.  What genre does your book fall under?
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
9. Who or What inspired you to write this book? 
10 What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?

To see Pepper Basham's answers go to:
www.pepperbasham.com

Here are my answers:

1.  The right title hasn't begun to spark in my mind. For now, I am calling it Sam and Hank. (seems boring, eh? Yeah. I need to find the right title)
2.  The idea came on a very long drive home. My family snored and I was bored driving. To occupy my mind, this story bloomed.
3.  The genre of my story is romantic comedy.
4.   For my hero I would choose Ben Affleck (the look he had in Argo).For my protagonist I would choose Gwenth Paltrow (the look she had in Iron Man 1)
5. Pressured to take a vacation at the family Rocky Mountain lodge, corporate success, Samantha Hatman, is snow bound without Internet and must rely on mountain man Hank, a thorn from childhood, to save her job.
6. My book will be represented by an agency.
7. I am still writing the first draft. The book is one-third done to date. I hope to finish first draft by the end of the month.
8. The story sprinkles a bit of the Odd Couple, Hatfields/McCoys, and The City and Country Mouse.
9. A need to laugh.
10. This comedy is based on the verse, Oh how good and how pleasant it is for the brethren to dwell together in unity. Sometimes weird things have to happen to help us see what we have.

What do you think? Do you like the idea? Any suggestions?



Comments

I love this idea, Mary, and can't wait to hear more about it! How far along are you in the story?
Thanks, Sherrinda:)

I'm 1/3 of the way. Actually closing in on half.
Did over 5000 words this weekend. The goal is to finish by the end of January.
I'm so proud of you, Mary! That is awesome!
Janice said…
We all need more laughs in our lives! I look forward to reading your book!

I thought of a possible title:

Sam's Snow Jam at the OK Lodge

One of the big snowstorms in the Atlanta area was known as Snow Jam so that is where the idea comes from. It was probably the largest traffic jam in our city's history.

It sounds like your character finds herself in quite a jam, too!

Blessings, Janice
Great idea, Janice!

My sister lives in the Atlanta area and tells of some nasty Februray weather days.

Snow Jam? I have learned a new term. :)

Yes, my MC finds herself in quite a jam, all adding to the comedy.
Janice said…
Mary, here is a link to some Snow Jam stories I found: http://snowjam82.com/atlanta-stories . I thought you might see something you could use somehow on your blog. Snow is suppose to be soft, but when it hits Atlanta, it can be hard!

My story is that I rode the MARTA train from my downtown office tower to the station in Decatur. I got off and walked down the street to the apartment complex where I lived with a roommate. It took me probably 25-30 minutes to go that distance. The train was fast AND I could walk fast back then.

My roommate decided we might need some batteries for flashlights so she drove her car a few blocks away to our closest store and it took her maybe one or two hours to get back to our apartment in her car. It was unforgetable.
Thanks, Janice. I popped over there and saw the stories. ooooooweee what an adventure, eh?

Popular posts from this blog

Fabulous Friday Feature-Laura Frantz

Today I welcome  Laura Frantz, a gracious lady showing the love of Christ with her smile. Enter to win Laura's  September 2013 release, Love's Awakening Scroll to the end of the post to see how to enter. I was introduced to Laura at an ACFW conference by my a fellow Writer's Alley Cat writer. Immediately I saw Laura's gracious spirit. It's been about two years since and I thought of that Christlike spirit when I noticed her new book release. I asked Laura to share with us the journey God has led her on for her writing career. Of course she graciously agreed. Here is what she said: You Were Born For Nothing Less Thanks so much for having me here, Mary. It’s always a joy to revisit my writing journey as it stays fresh and is always humbling to think how God led me to this place.  In a nutshell… I’ve written stories – historical fiction only – since I was seven years old. I think I came into the world hardwired to write. I didn’t

Fabulous Friday Feature-Julie Lessman

Today I welcome a well-known authoress, one with a bubbly, energetic personality  and has become a sweet friend:  Julie Lessman .   Enter to win an autographed copy of one of Julie's books! see below I met Julie through ACFW. She taught the first class I attended at ACFW. Her husband graciously showed, enduring Julie's stories. She taught how to write Christian Romance. We laughed and learned so much that night.  I asked her to share her writing journey with us. Here is what she wrote: My Journey As a Christian Romance Writer … My journey as a romance author actually came LONG before my journey with God. It happened the moment I read Gone With the Wind at the age of twelve. The instant that Scarlett seared Rhett with a look on the winding staircase of Twelve Oaks, I was hooked, and my “romance-writing career” began with a 150-page, single-spaced ms. entitled When Tomorrow C

Fabulous Feature-Terri Reed

Today we welcome author: Terri Reed A commenter will win a copy of Terri's book: Person of Interest Book 1 of the Rookie K-9 Series Scroll down to see how. Mary here.     I asked Terri: how has God led  you on your writing journey? Here is what she said:   Dreams God Has for Me Thank you Mary for hosting me today. When America was attacked in September 2011, the world changed. I remember my heart hurt for those who had suffered and died. I thought how could my writing ever mean anything to anyone when there were more important issues going on in the world.  I had been writing and trying to publish for eight years at that point and was getting discouraged. I had begun to think maybe it was time to let the dream of publishing go.  A few weeks after 9/11 my women’s Bible study went for a weekend retreat to the beach. The theme of the retreat was Dream Big. Throughout the weekend I kept wondering what God would want me to dream