Skip to main content

Transparent

The presidential inauguration had no discernible glitches. The media searched for topics to discuss during the parade to make the event lively but had difficulty. This inauguration went as planned on a day with nice weather. Except.

I had the TV on in the background for hours, waiting for one special something to discuss in this post. Something that showed someone in the audience, or a security person, or participant to demonstrate what their heart felt. 

Something unique.

I expected the cheering crowds. Whether I voted for this person as the president or not, it would be special to stand along the street or sit in the stands and witness the event.

And then something unique happened.

Following the ceremony, the president left the platform with his security. He walked up the stairs toward the red curtain passageway into the building. A mass of men and women followed him. At the top of the stairs he stepped under the red curtain threshold and stopped. 

The mass of men and women continued walking. A few almost bumped into him. They swerved and continue walking around him. 

The president turned and craned his neck stretching it slightly left and right. He acted as if he wanted to find a specific person in the crowd. I wondered who would be so important that would spark the thought in the president's mind to turn and look for them? And what was so special that he want to say to the person.

The media hopped in and gave their impressions. They said the president want to take one last look at all the people standing there, at all the people who came to seem him, at all the people who wanted him to be president.

And then I wondered who interpreted the president's thoughts correctly. Did the president think of others, wanting to see someone special, tell someone something important? Or did the president want to soak in his own glory?

This is not intended to be a political post. This door has been opened to take note that we cannot always know what is in someone's heart based on their actions. Only God' knows.

God tells us to shine our light, His glory, His testimony to those around us so that others may see Him. How can you be transparent about your relationship with Jesus Christ?

Comments

Janice said…
I think when I show concern over the things that Jesus would show concern over that my light is showing for Jesus. I don't think when on the street and passing by a stranger for a moment that one would peg me instantly as a Christian. But if people have the time to know me, they quickly find out I am an involved Christian. I hope my actions always bring glory to Him by acting in a loving and kind way when needs appear before me.
Good words.
And, maybe someone might peg you when passing on the street. Who knows? That special smile, a nod, a kind word might be all it takes:)

Good to see you today, Janice.
susanngarrylee said…
That's a great question to ponder. Thank you for the post. Blessings, Susan Fryman
Some questions are so very difficult to answer, Susan. I'm so glad yo stopped by today.

Popular posts from this blog

Fabulous Friday Feature-Laura Frantz

Today I welcome  Laura Frantz, a gracious lady showing the love of Christ with her smile. Enter to win Laura's  September 2013 release, Love's Awakening Scroll to the end of the post to see how to enter. I was introduced to Laura at an ACFW conference by my a fellow Writer's Alley Cat writer. Immediately I saw Laura's gracious spirit. It's been about two years since and I thought of that Christlike spirit when I noticed her new book release. I asked Laura to share with us the journey God has led her on for her writing career. Of course she graciously agreed. Here is what she said: You Were Born For Nothing Less Thanks so much for having me here, Mary. It’s always a joy to revisit my writing journey as it stays fresh and is always humbling to think how God led me to this place.  In a nutshell… I’ve written stories – historical fiction only – since I was seven years old. I think I came into the world hardwired to write. I didn’t

Fabulous Friday Feature-Julie Lessman

Today I welcome a well-known authoress, one with a bubbly, energetic personality  and has become a sweet friend:  Julie Lessman .   Enter to win an autographed copy of one of Julie's books! see below I met Julie through ACFW. She taught the first class I attended at ACFW. Her husband graciously showed, enduring Julie's stories. She taught how to write Christian Romance. We laughed and learned so much that night.  I asked her to share her writing journey with us. Here is what she wrote: My Journey As a Christian Romance Writer … My journey as a romance author actually came LONG before my journey with God. It happened the moment I read Gone With the Wind at the age of twelve. The instant that Scarlett seared Rhett with a look on the winding staircase of Twelve Oaks, I was hooked, and my “romance-writing career” began with a 150-page, single-spaced ms. entitled When Tomorrow C

Fabulous Feature-Terri Reed

Today we welcome author: Terri Reed A commenter will win a copy of Terri's book: Person of Interest Book 1 of the Rookie K-9 Series Scroll down to see how. Mary here.     I asked Terri: how has God led  you on your writing journey? Here is what she said:   Dreams God Has for Me Thank you Mary for hosting me today. When America was attacked in September 2011, the world changed. I remember my heart hurt for those who had suffered and died. I thought how could my writing ever mean anything to anyone when there were more important issues going on in the world.  I had been writing and trying to publish for eight years at that point and was getting discouraged. I had begun to think maybe it was time to let the dream of publishing go.  A few weeks after 9/11 my women’s Bible study went for a weekend retreat to the beach. The theme of the retreat was Dream Big. Throughout the weekend I kept wondering what God would want me to dream