Skip to main content

Open Minded to the Unusual




Panic set in.

My husband couldn't find his wallet and he needed to leave for work five minutes ago.

I gave him my debit card to buy gas and sent him on his way.

We searched his pants pockets, counters, under the sofa cushions, the car, even drove to the last place where he used one of his cards.

I pulled all the bedding off the bed and frisked the top of his dresser.

Enough. Time to call in the pro.

I roamed about my house and said, "God, we've looked more than once in all the obvious places, I need an idea where the unusual place is."

I stopped in my bedroom in front of the suitcase hubby uses for most of his work trips and thought, Nah, it wouldn't be in there. He didn't use the suitcase yesterday, but he did use his wallet yesterday. 

I nearly had to step over the suitcase to take another step which for some crazy reason was left in the walk path. 

I rolled my eyes and thought there is no reason the wallet would be in this suitcase. NONE AT ALL. 

My foot scraped against the fabric. I knew it. God clearly told me to check the suitcase. I picked it up, set it on the bed, and unzipped the compartments, shoving my hand deep into each one. Nothing.

I unzipped the main compartment lifted the lid and--you guessed it--the wallet was there! I burst out laughing. This was the funniest God moment in a while. The wallet was in the suitcase.

Why?

How?

I don't know. But, God did and He showed me. Isn't God wonderful?

Friend, your turn. Share something amazing God has done for you or your family.

Comments

J.Grace said…
Just recently my grandfather was very worried when lost his wallet which also contained contact info to his various doctors.

He began to pray and asked God to call his name and lead him to his wallet. Just as prayed the word "name" by grandmother began to call my grandfather's name to alert him that she had just found his misplaced his wallet.
Now that is Godmazing. Thanks for sharing, J.Grace.
Unknown said…
Love it! God has opened amazing doors for me completely out of the blue. And I'm so grateful. :)
I tend to want to take small steps toward that door, peek in, and smile at God's gift. THEN I dance my way inside.
God is so good to us.
Anonymous said…
You know, I had someone point out a scripture recently that I never knew existed when someone prayed with me about a missing item, "All things that are lost, are revealed." Mark 4:22
Tina,
Really? I didn't know that verse either. It's perfect and can be referred to so many times! Thanks so much for sharing it. I will commit it to memory. :)
bonton said…
My mother is very forgetful, & numerous times, has prayed for the Lord to help her find something she has misplaced - & has always quickly found it. I have done this, also - but I guess one of the most amazing things he has done for me, was when cancer was found when I was being tested for something else, totally unrelated. The cancer was in it's early stages, & was totally contained - so that removing a kidney prevented my having to have chemo, radiation, or any other kind of treatment. Aren't we blessed in that God handles our small problems, as well as the large ones!
Great news, Bonnie. I'm so glad. What a great testimony you've given us. Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Fabulous Friday Feature-Laura Frantz

Today I welcome  Laura Frantz, a gracious lady showing the love of Christ with her smile. Enter to win Laura's  September 2013 release, Love's Awakening Scroll to the end of the post to see how to enter. I was introduced to Laura at an ACFW conference by my a fellow Writer's Alley Cat writer. Immediately I saw Laura's gracious spirit. It's been about two years since and I thought of that Christlike spirit when I noticed her new book release. I asked Laura to share with us the journey God has led her on for her writing career. Of course she graciously agreed. Here is what she said: You Were Born For Nothing Less Thanks so much for having me here, Mary. It’s always a joy to revisit my writing journey as it stays fresh and is always humbling to think how God led me to this place.  In a nutshell… I’ve written stories – historical fiction only – since I was seven years old. I think I came into the world hardwired to write. I didn’t

Fabulous Friday Feature-Julie Lessman

Today I welcome a well-known authoress, one with a bubbly, energetic personality  and has become a sweet friend:  Julie Lessman .   Enter to win an autographed copy of one of Julie's books! see below I met Julie through ACFW. She taught the first class I attended at ACFW. Her husband graciously showed, enduring Julie's stories. She taught how to write Christian Romance. We laughed and learned so much that night.  I asked her to share her writing journey with us. Here is what she wrote: My Journey As a Christian Romance Writer … My journey as a romance author actually came LONG before my journey with God. It happened the moment I read Gone With the Wind at the age of twelve. The instant that Scarlett seared Rhett with a look on the winding staircase of Twelve Oaks, I was hooked, and my “romance-writing career” began with a 150-page, single-spaced ms. entitled When Tomorrow C

Fabulous Feature-Terri Reed

Today we welcome author: Terri Reed A commenter will win a copy of Terri's book: Person of Interest Book 1 of the Rookie K-9 Series Scroll down to see how. Mary here.     I asked Terri: how has God led  you on your writing journey? Here is what she said:   Dreams God Has for Me Thank you Mary for hosting me today. When America was attacked in September 2011, the world changed. I remember my heart hurt for those who had suffered and died. I thought how could my writing ever mean anything to anyone when there were more important issues going on in the world.  I had been writing and trying to publish for eight years at that point and was getting discouraged. I had begun to think maybe it was time to let the dream of publishing go.  A few weeks after 9/11 my women’s Bible study went for a weekend retreat to the beach. The theme of the retreat was Dream Big. Throughout the weekend I kept wondering what God would want me to dream