Skip to main content

Timely Flat Tires


I had a list of errands and wanted to get them done before we left on a trip. Hubby happened to be off work and went with me. 

We drove thirty minutes in the bitter cold to town, did two errands then drove to our local grocery store for errand number three. 

The usual parking lot competition for the closest spot was in progress when we arrived. We lost and had to park into one of the farthest slots. Oh well, we needed the exercise.

Typically, when doing errands with hubby, I'd open my car door and scoot around to the side he was on and walk with him. This time, though, and I credit God, I stayed on my side of the car and happened to look at the front tire. "This tire looks low." I looked at the back one and said, "This one looks low, too."

Hubby came around to my side of the car and scrunched his lips like guys do when they are thinking about something. "We'll put air in it when we come back out." 

We did our shopping and wheeled the cart out to the car. Hubby looked at the front tire as he opened the door. "It's flat!"

He was not happy.

Fortunately, across the parking lot was the very tire store we'd purchased the tires. Talk about perfect timing. Hubby nursed the car to the air machine, filled the tire then pulled it into a spot in the front of the tire store. 

30 minutes later, and no charge, we were on our way.

Having the tire store so close to where we had the flat was great to share. Not only had God allowed the incident to happen next to the repair shop, but He also let it happen before we left on a trip up the coast where there are few gas stations much less any repair places.

God's timing is perfect.

~

There was once a short man who heard Jesus was coming to his village. He raced to where the crowds stood but couldn't' see over their shoulders. To his right he noticed a sycamore. He climbed the tree and waited for Jesus to walk by. 

The crowds cheering grew louder, indicating Jesus would soon arrive. Closer and closer the sound came. The short man held on to a branch and leaned forward to see the man whom everyone talked about. 

When Jesus came close to the Sycamore, He looked up and said, "Zaccheus. Come down. I'm going to your house." 

How timely. 

Because Zaccheus heard the news at the right time, he arrived at the very place where a tree, planted years before, gave him not only a view of Jesus, but also an invitation from the Son of God.

Timely doesn't always mean something good will happen. However, as in the case of our flat tire, the unpleasant may happen where the best solution presents itself.

Here is another quick example: a house went on the market five minutes before our realtor showed it to us. The price was great and the location perfect. After we moved in, five people knocked on the door and asked if the house was still for sale. 

God allows events good and bad to happen at the perfect time to help us grown in our relationship with Him.

Okay, I've share two examples of today's one word: timely. Your turn. Share something that happened in a timely way for you or someone you know.

This post was brought to you by the one word: Timely

Comments

Janice said…
Well, Mary, since you brought up flat tires that is what I will share. One day my teenage son and I had started to go somewhere and were on the street connecting to ours. All of a sudden we had a flat tire. Son got out of the car to make sure of it, and, yes, we had a flat.He got back in the car and I quickly prayed aloud for God's help. A knock at my window startled me. I did not realize we were in front of the home of one of my preschool students and the dad came ouf to help. He thought it was just a teenager who did not know how to change a flat so he was surprised to see me, too. I was surprised by how quickly God brought help! My son got his first lesson in tire changing and witnessed a powerful example of God working things out when we pray.

Two flat tire stories giving God glory in one day. Only in His timing! May we have many more timely blessings to share!
Janice,
You are awesome. And that was a great story to share! I loved it.
Kinda sends a tingly joy up your spine to hear about God's blessings, eh? :)

Popular posts from this blog

Fabulous Friday Feature-Laura Frantz

Today I welcome  Laura Frantz, a gracious lady showing the love of Christ with her smile. Enter to win Laura's  September 2013 release, Love's Awakening Scroll to the end of the post to see how to enter. I was introduced to Laura at an ACFW conference by my a fellow Writer's Alley Cat writer. Immediately I saw Laura's gracious spirit. It's been about two years since and I thought of that Christlike spirit when I noticed her new book release. I asked Laura to share with us the journey God has led her on for her writing career. Of course she graciously agreed. Here is what she said: You Were Born For Nothing Less Thanks so much for having me here, Mary. It’s always a joy to revisit my writing journey as it stays fresh and is always humbling to think how God led me to this place.  In a nutshell… I’ve written stories – historical fiction only – since I was seven years old. I think I came into the world hardwired to write. I didn’t

Fabulous Friday Feature-Julie Lessman

Today I welcome a well-known authoress, one with a bubbly, energetic personality  and has become a sweet friend:  Julie Lessman .   Enter to win an autographed copy of one of Julie's books! see below I met Julie through ACFW. She taught the first class I attended at ACFW. Her husband graciously showed, enduring Julie's stories. She taught how to write Christian Romance. We laughed and learned so much that night.  I asked her to share her writing journey with us. Here is what she wrote: My Journey As a Christian Romance Writer … My journey as a romance author actually came LONG before my journey with God. It happened the moment I read Gone With the Wind at the age of twelve. The instant that Scarlett seared Rhett with a look on the winding staircase of Twelve Oaks, I was hooked, and my “romance-writing career” began with a 150-page, single-spaced ms. entitled When Tomorrow C

Fabulous Feature-Terri Reed

Today we welcome author: Terri Reed A commenter will win a copy of Terri's book: Person of Interest Book 1 of the Rookie K-9 Series Scroll down to see how. Mary here.     I asked Terri: how has God led  you on your writing journey? Here is what she said:   Dreams God Has for Me Thank you Mary for hosting me today. When America was attacked in September 2011, the world changed. I remember my heart hurt for those who had suffered and died. I thought how could my writing ever mean anything to anyone when there were more important issues going on in the world.  I had been writing and trying to publish for eight years at that point and was getting discouraged. I had begun to think maybe it was time to let the dream of publishing go.  A few weeks after 9/11 my women’s Bible study went for a weekend retreat to the beach. The theme of the retreat was Dream Big. Throughout the weekend I kept wondering what God would want me to dream