Skip to main content

A Love Hate Relationship with Bugs



Photo Courtesy
Mosquitos seem to think I am their best friend.  They follow me whenever I step outside and try their best to invite themselves into my house.

I hate mosquitos. One five minute walk to the car renders at least twenty bites.

Black flies, heard the news and swarmed to my house. Yeah, I was the main menu.

I hate black flies. The bites last me twice as long as any other member of my family. 

Between the mosquitos and black fly bites I look like I have chicken pox.

Shall we talk about deer flies and spiders? Oh yes. Every critter knows my first name.

As I nursed my wounds this summer, I should have bought stock in hydrocortisone, my sweet Father in heaven gave me these verses:


The cow and the bear shall graze;
Their young ones shall lie down together;
And the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
The nursing child shall play by the cobra’s hole,
And the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper’s den.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,
For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord
As the waters cover the sea.

Ah hah! There may be mosquitos, black flies, deer flies, spiders, etc in heaven, but they will not bite us.

In return, I won't have to spend hordes of money on bug killers. True confession, I don't feel guilty killing these biting bugs while here on earth. Not one bit. 

I can deal with the raccoons that knock over my garbage barrel before the trash man comes. I don't even mind the clean up since I bring my squirt gun and rambo the fur balls with water until they waddle away.

I can deal with cleaning the bird droppings off my deck and appreciate the umbrella over the table when the food is served.

I can deal with the rabbits digging their way under the fence and sampling our garden. 

BUT --I don't like skeeters or any other biting bug and am happy to shorten their life, while I'm here on earth.

Uh-huh. I see the smirk on your face. As a matter of fact, yes, I do feel better.

Your turn: What spring/summer/fall critters are you willing to deal with?


Comments


Popular posts from this blog

Fabulous Friday Feature-Laura Frantz

Today I welcome  Laura Frantz, a gracious lady showing the love of Christ with her smile. Enter to win Laura's  September 2013 release, Love's Awakening Scroll to the end of the post to see how to enter. I was introduced to Laura at an ACFW conference by my a fellow Writer's Alley Cat writer. Immediately I saw Laura's gracious spirit. It's been about two years since and I thought of that Christlike spirit when I noticed her new book release. I asked Laura to share with us the journey God has led her on for her writing career. Of course she graciously agreed. Here is what she said: You Were Born For Nothing Less Thanks so much for having me here, Mary. It’s always a joy to revisit my writing journey as it stays fresh and is always humbling to think how God led me to this place.  In a nutshell… I’ve written stories – historical fiction only – since I was seven years old. I think I came into the world hardwired to write. I didn’t

Fabulous Friday Feature-Julie Lessman

Today I welcome a well-known authoress, one with a bubbly, energetic personality  and has become a sweet friend:  Julie Lessman .   Enter to win an autographed copy of one of Julie's books! see below I met Julie through ACFW. She taught the first class I attended at ACFW. Her husband graciously showed, enduring Julie's stories. She taught how to write Christian Romance. We laughed and learned so much that night.  I asked her to share her writing journey with us. Here is what she wrote: My Journey As a Christian Romance Writer … My journey as a romance author actually came LONG before my journey with God. It happened the moment I read Gone With the Wind at the age of twelve. The instant that Scarlett seared Rhett with a look on the winding staircase of Twelve Oaks, I was hooked, and my “romance-writing career” began with a 150-page, single-spaced ms. entitled When Tomorrow C

Fabulous Feature-Terri Reed

Today we welcome author: Terri Reed A commenter will win a copy of Terri's book: Person of Interest Book 1 of the Rookie K-9 Series Scroll down to see how. Mary here.     I asked Terri: how has God led  you on your writing journey? Here is what she said:   Dreams God Has for Me Thank you Mary for hosting me today. When America was attacked in September 2011, the world changed. I remember my heart hurt for those who had suffered and died. I thought how could my writing ever mean anything to anyone when there were more important issues going on in the world.  I had been writing and trying to publish for eight years at that point and was getting discouraged. I had begun to think maybe it was time to let the dream of publishing go.  A few weeks after 9/11 my women’s Bible study went for a weekend retreat to the beach. The theme of the retreat was Dream Big. Throughout the weekend I kept wondering what God would want me to dream