Skip to main content

Fabulous Friday Feature-Linda Glaz





Today I welcome author: 
Linda Glaz

Enter to win Linda's new book
Bride of Necessity


Scroll to the end of the post 
to see how to enter.




I met Linda at a local ACFW meeting. She taught several of the classes. Her personality, though is lively, smart, and fun. She knows what is up to date in the publishing field and shares tips. After sessions she is one of the most personable people I've met. I instantly counted her a friend. At the meeting I won one of her books. Read my Wednesday post for the book review. Seriously, she is an entertaining author. When I asked Linda how God has led her on her writing journey she gave this answer: 


Enjoy All God Has Created

How has God led me on my writing journey? After 23 years, there’s so much to tell about how I did everything wrong, then got smart and got serious about the writing, found an agent at conference, and then began working with him as an assistant after a time. 

Then a door opened for me to become an agent and I took it. I never would have been able to dream this stuff up 23 years ago. No one would have believed it. 

So…let’s just say, if there is something in your life that you want, never give up your dream. Never, ever! You may not see results the following week, but if you are truly on a journey for which you can’t turn back, you will discover where you are supposed to be. 

For me, it is writing as well as matching other writers with editors. Dream job! But I persevered way beyond what most folks are willing to do.


~~

Linda is married with three grown children and three grandchildren. She is a complete triple-A personality (she often says quadruple). How else would she find time to write as well as be an agent for Hartline Literary Agency? 

She loves any and every thing about the written word and loves when families pass stories along through the generations. If she isn't writing or putting together a contract, you'll find her taking a relaxing bath with her ereader in hand.

Her background includes serving in the Air Force at a time when it wasn’t considered the right thing to do for a female, teaching soccer around the US for 25 years—finally retired as the feet failed, and teaching karate and women’s self-defense off and on for 30 years. Ditto with body parts failing.

She loves to sing in and direct musicals, though there’s been little time since she became an agent. Linda grew up with all brothers, so she understands sophomoric humor as an art.


Life is good! Have fun, don’t take yourself too seriously, and enjoy all God has created!

To learn more about Linda click on these sites:
Website:       http://lindaglaz.blogspot.com
Facebook:     www.facebook.com/linda.glaz

~~

Bride by Necessity:
JONATHAN LAMBRICK NEVER PLANNED TO MARRY AGAIN 
But when the master of Kent Park takes in the orphaned daughter of a tenant, Jonathan doesn't expect his young charge to be a stunning woman. Or for a predatory relative to lay claim to her. Marriage may be the only way to protect Payton from an unthinkable fate. 

Payton Whittard knows her marriage to Jonathan is about safety, not love. But the feelings that soon arise during their arrangement are anything but safe. Still, there's something about her handsome protector that makes her trust him with her life. Can Payton trust him with her heart, as well?





The Preacher's New Family
PREACHER T.J. O'BRIEN ISN'T LOOKING FOR A WIFE AND FAMILY 
Yet every time he sees Sarah Anne Rycroft, he feels a powerful urge to protect the beautiful young widow. When she's in danger of losing the farm to the bank, T.J. steps in to defend Sarah against the unscrupulous banker. 

Sarah knows T.J. has vowed to live a solitary life of devotion to God. Still, the single mother can't resist the comfort and safety of his strong arms. But when he sells his most prized possession to save the farm from foreclosure, she wonders if the handsome preacher could have marriage on his mind, after all.    




To enter the contest for  
Linda Glaz's book: "Bride by Necessity":
leave a comment (and email address)
AND become a follower of this site, 
OR sign up to receive posts by email
if you aren't already.

Sorry US only

Winner announced on my facebook page.


Thank you, Linda, for Joining us This Weekend!



Friend, what would your dream job be?

Comments

Linda Glaz said…
Mary, thank you so much for hosting me. I have to say, my dream job, besides what I now do, would be a chocolate tester! Yessir, tough job, but somebody has to do it! :)
Patty Wysong said…
Mary, you nailed Linda. So friendly, easy to talk with, fun to be with, willing to help in any way she can. =]

My dream job? I think I've got it. It's one I never, ever could've dreamed up. I get to see people of all ages smile and laugh as they meet the monkeys. Seeing their smiles never gets old. Combine that with writing and I don't think it could get any better than I have it.

patterly{at}gmail
Elaine Stock said…
Mary, thanks for hosting Linda. Linda, you are truly an inspiration to me!

My dream job is to become that full-time published author that I… uh… dream about all the time. Back in the cobwebs of my mind is that old fantasy job: a well-known (and of course, most appreciated) playwright.

estock(at)fairpoint(dot)net
Linda Glaz said…
You really do have an awesome job, Patty.
Linda Glaz said…
Oh, yeah. We all have that one, don't we? Still, chocolate would be a strong second.
Ho ho, Linda. I think you would have many friends joining you for that!!!
Patty,
What a totally fun job!!! I want to come meet the monkeys.
Thanks so much for spending time with us today....I'm feeling a bit like a monkey. :)
Elaine,
I have this feeling that some day I am going to be seeing a lot of your writing on the shelf...and perhaps the stage? That would be really awesome. I can see why it's on your list.

Thanks so much for chatting with us today.
Elaine Stock said…
Linda & Mary, thanks for helping me smile today. Blessings.
Susan said…
I'm in board with the chocolate testing! Ohh, or the sweepstakes person who gets to surprise people with the balloons and huge checks!!
Ah! the sweepstakes person, that is an awesome idea. Or any similar job where we are the person with tidings of great joy. Great idea Susan. Thanks for joining us!! Hope to see you again.
Linda Glaz said…
Susan, yes! Surprise them with balloons and......chocolate!

Popular posts from this blog

Fabulous Friday Feature-Laura Frantz

Today I welcome  Laura Frantz, a gracious lady showing the love of Christ with her smile. Enter to win Laura's  September 2013 release, Love's Awakening Scroll to the end of the post to see how to enter. I was introduced to Laura at an ACFW conference by my a fellow Writer's Alley Cat writer. Immediately I saw Laura's gracious spirit. It's been about two years since and I thought of that Christlike spirit when I noticed her new book release. I asked Laura to share with us the journey God has led her on for her writing career. Of course she graciously agreed. Here is what she said: You Were Born For Nothing Less Thanks so much for having me here, Mary. It’s always a joy to revisit my writing journey as it stays fresh and is always humbling to think how God led me to this place.  In a nutshell… I’ve written stories – historical fiction only – since I was seven years old. I think I came into the world hardwired to write. I didn’t

Fabulous Friday Feature-Julie Lessman

Today I welcome a well-known authoress, one with a bubbly, energetic personality  and has become a sweet friend:  Julie Lessman .   Enter to win an autographed copy of one of Julie's books! see below I met Julie through ACFW. She taught the first class I attended at ACFW. Her husband graciously showed, enduring Julie's stories. She taught how to write Christian Romance. We laughed and learned so much that night.  I asked her to share her writing journey with us. Here is what she wrote: My Journey As a Christian Romance Writer … My journey as a romance author actually came LONG before my journey with God. It happened the moment I read Gone With the Wind at the age of twelve. The instant that Scarlett seared Rhett with a look on the winding staircase of Twelve Oaks, I was hooked, and my “romance-writing career” began with a 150-page, single-spaced ms. entitled When Tomorrow C

Fabulous Feature-Terri Reed

Today we welcome author: Terri Reed A commenter will win a copy of Terri's book: Person of Interest Book 1 of the Rookie K-9 Series Scroll down to see how. Mary here.     I asked Terri: how has God led  you on your writing journey? Here is what she said:   Dreams God Has for Me Thank you Mary for hosting me today. When America was attacked in September 2011, the world changed. I remember my heart hurt for those who had suffered and died. I thought how could my writing ever mean anything to anyone when there were more important issues going on in the world.  I had been writing and trying to publish for eight years at that point and was getting discouraged. I had begun to think maybe it was time to let the dream of publishing go.  A few weeks after 9/11 my women’s Bible study went for a weekend retreat to the beach. The theme of the retreat was Dream Big. Throughout the weekend I kept wondering what God would want me to dream