Skip to main content

The More We Get Together The Happier We'll Be


ROAD TRIP! Older sister photo bombed in front,
Younger sister behind her. Nieces in back.
Mom to the right.



No matter what our situation, I think we all like Thanksgiving food. 

To me, though, Thanksgiving is more about fellowship than the food. Let's change that to fellowship AND the food. ;)



There are those, though, who have suffered tragedy on or around this day. The annual celebrations dig up hurt feelings. If you, reader, are one who is going through this trial, know that I am praying for you. Praying for peace, comfort, and a song in your heart.

If you can, please join us for the rest of this post. You are loved.

~~


God wants us to get together. Adam wasn't left alone. God didn't even intend animals to be left alone -site two by two saved from the flood, (and all the pet lovers said Amen). Oh, and I AM setting aside all the biological reasons needed for procreation. :)

God loves to fellowship with us. Yep. It's true! He not only asks us to fellowship with Him, He loves to fellowship with us. Now that is pretty awesome, eh?

Did you know these are some of the magical things that happen when we get together with others:

New ideas- This is not isolated to recipes. Conversation brings about new ideas. Places to travel, things to do, ways to help the kids, finances, things not to do/say, etc.

    Along with this is: we learn ways to improve our own ideas
                                 we get to share our ideas

We are forced to break out of our shell in a safe environment.

We learn prayer requests.

We become motivated (seeing other people's activities encourages us to try).

We find reasons to laugh.

An excuse to sing (my sisters and I always sing while cleaning up after meals.)

A time to eat awesome food.

A time to learn. My mother-in-law enjoyed telling childhood stories from when she lived in Germany. 

A time to think of someone other than ourselves.

The container the church fills with water.



Today I will share my quick story: My daughter lives in Arizona an hour from the Mexican border. The people from her church gather on a regular basis, drive near the border and leave water in special containers. Many men, women, and children lay dead from thirst in the Arizona hot deserts after illegally crossing. What a horrible way to die. Her church is not saying the choice these people make is right or wrong, they are simply giving water to those in need.

So through a means of gathering together, her church is sharing a cup of water to those who are thirsty.







Consider the fellowship you will have this week. The chatting. The smiles. The memories. The music. The football games blaring in the background. The aromas. 

God gave all of this to us so we could be with each other. 

And my one last soapbox comment. Thanksgiving celebration does NOT have to happen on Thursday. My hubby is a medical provider in the emergency room. Accidents happen. Sure is nice to know someone will be working at the hospital if the need arises. Families who have medical providers and other emergency care family members often celebrate holidays on different day. This year, we will celebrate Thanksgiving on Friday. No leftovers. The real deal.


Sigh...this was a long post. Did you make it to the end? Yeah, I get chatty...and love to chat with you.

Leave me a greeting. PAH LEEZE!!?!?!?! Longing for your fellowship.


This post has been brought to you by the one-word: FELLOWSHIP

Comments

Janice said…
Hey, Mary! I appreciate these written snapshots of fellowship in your post. We had our Thanksgiving a few weeks back. Husband is recouperating from kidney stone blasting and we got to see the nice folks in ER for pain reliefafter he had the procedure. There's a lot of blessed fellowship happening in ER units every day and night♡
Hi Janice. I'm so glad you were able to celebrate Thanksgiving and was able to work around you hubby's medical needs. Sure is nice the way hospitals try to celebrate even with medical needs. Hope you all can spend a comfy time at home together. Blessings on you.

Popular posts from this blog

Fabulous Friday Feature-Laura Frantz

Today I welcome  Laura Frantz, a gracious lady showing the love of Christ with her smile. Enter to win Laura's  September 2013 release, Love's Awakening Scroll to the end of the post to see how to enter. I was introduced to Laura at an ACFW conference by my a fellow Writer's Alley Cat writer. Immediately I saw Laura's gracious spirit. It's been about two years since and I thought of that Christlike spirit when I noticed her new book release. I asked Laura to share with us the journey God has led her on for her writing career. Of course she graciously agreed. Here is what she said: You Were Born For Nothing Less Thanks so much for having me here, Mary. It’s always a joy to revisit my writing journey as it stays fresh and is always humbling to think how God led me to this place.  In a nutshell… I’ve written stories – historical fiction only – since I was seven years old. I think I came into the world hardwired to write. I didn’t

Fabulous Friday Feature-Julie Lessman

Today I welcome a well-known authoress, one with a bubbly, energetic personality  and has become a sweet friend:  Julie Lessman .   Enter to win an autographed copy of one of Julie's books! see below I met Julie through ACFW. She taught the first class I attended at ACFW. Her husband graciously showed, enduring Julie's stories. She taught how to write Christian Romance. We laughed and learned so much that night.  I asked her to share her writing journey with us. Here is what she wrote: My Journey As a Christian Romance Writer … My journey as a romance author actually came LONG before my journey with God. It happened the moment I read Gone With the Wind at the age of twelve. The instant that Scarlett seared Rhett with a look on the winding staircase of Twelve Oaks, I was hooked, and my “romance-writing career” began with a 150-page, single-spaced ms. entitled When Tomorrow C

Fabulous Feature-Terri Reed

Today we welcome author: Terri Reed A commenter will win a copy of Terri's book: Person of Interest Book 1 of the Rookie K-9 Series Scroll down to see how. Mary here.     I asked Terri: how has God led  you on your writing journey? Here is what she said:   Dreams God Has for Me Thank you Mary for hosting me today. When America was attacked in September 2011, the world changed. I remember my heart hurt for those who had suffered and died. I thought how could my writing ever mean anything to anyone when there were more important issues going on in the world.  I had been writing and trying to publish for eight years at that point and was getting discouraged. I had begun to think maybe it was time to let the dream of publishing go.  A few weeks after 9/11 my women’s Bible study went for a weekend retreat to the beach. The theme of the retreat was Dream Big. Throughout the weekend I kept wondering what God would want me to dream