Skip to main content

Hold on for the Ride



Krista is a writing partner for the Writers Alley. We've prayed together, written posts, encouraged and blessed each other. Krista is funny, techy smart, a loving mom, and an author. But advancing in any career is a job. Krista shares her heart and how God helped her celebrate each step. 






Bubbling about Careers




Preparation Bubbles

Like a sandwich, all journeys need a little prep time. Some will be a year, some will be twenty years.

Mine was bubblin' four years from when I first started seriously writing to the time that wicked awesome contract was in my hands.






While the prep time can be grueling at time, I wouldn't change a thing about it. I met a bunch of great writers who I plan to have as friends for life. I've grown as a writer and grown in my faith as I've faced rejections, discouragement, and those blessed rays of hope that God brings at just the right time.

Bubble Lesson: Embrace the Journey!






Down-to-Business Bubbles



In 2011, my writing career went from elusive dream to EEEEEE worthy possibility! An editor approached me, asking to see my stuff. I sent her a proposal and sample chapters of my book, A Sandwich Romance. A few months later, she asked for my full manuscript. A few more months later, she called, offering a book contract. Two days later, I secured an agent.

It was a pinch-me year!




But... it was a hard year too. My daughter was in the hospital, dying of heart failure while waiting for a heart transplant. She received the life-giving gift on April 9th, 2011. She had a bunch more ups and downs, including another heart surgery when her new heart was failing. 

That ended "bubbly" too. She's now doing FABULOUS with her new heart and skipping all around my HOUSE, not the hospital. 

Bubble Lesson: Hold on for the Ride!


Releasing Bubbles

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not only is my Sandwich book out but also A Side of Faith, A Side of Hope, A Side of Love, volumes 2, 3, and 4 are all OUT! Plus I have more soon to be released.

EEEEEE!

Is that bubbly enough?

Pinch me or blow bubbles in my face or something!

I won't lie. As FUN and AWESOME as it has been, it's been stressful at times too. But I'm so in awe of my VERY big God who has orchestrated my publishing journey and brought me JOY through times of pain and frustration. 

So really, I'm bubbling over with Jesus' love even more than I am about my publishing epicness. 

Bubble Lesson: It's all about JESUS!




Krista blogs at www.kristaphillips.com with lots of great mommy stories and helps. 













Krista has signed with a new agent and has expanded her writing career by entering the Indi realm.










Krista has also signed with another publisher, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to spill the beans, but her new release should hit the shelves by 2017



Thank you Krista for this bubbly response. The road to publication can be wild







God has given all us some bubbly moments to encourage us 
or help us see the lighter side of life.

What bubbly experience have you had...it can be about anything.

I'll start. One of many bubbly experiences: I was the first one in my family, including my parents, to graduate from college. They were very proud. 

Comments


Popular posts from this blog

Fabulous Friday Feature-Laura Frantz

Today I welcome  Laura Frantz, a gracious lady showing the love of Christ with her smile. Enter to win Laura's  September 2013 release, Love's Awakening Scroll to the end of the post to see how to enter. I was introduced to Laura at an ACFW conference by my a fellow Writer's Alley Cat writer. Immediately I saw Laura's gracious spirit. It's been about two years since and I thought of that Christlike spirit when I noticed her new book release. I asked Laura to share with us the journey God has led her on for her writing career. Of course she graciously agreed. Here is what she said: You Were Born For Nothing Less Thanks so much for having me here, Mary. It’s always a joy to revisit my writing journey as it stays fresh and is always humbling to think how God led me to this place.  In a nutshell… I’ve written stories – historical fiction only – since I was seven years old. I think I came into the world hardwired to write. I didn’t

Fabulous Friday Feature-Julie Lessman

Today I welcome a well-known authoress, one with a bubbly, energetic personality  and has become a sweet friend:  Julie Lessman .   Enter to win an autographed copy of one of Julie's books! see below I met Julie through ACFW. She taught the first class I attended at ACFW. Her husband graciously showed, enduring Julie's stories. She taught how to write Christian Romance. We laughed and learned so much that night.  I asked her to share her writing journey with us. Here is what she wrote: My Journey As a Christian Romance Writer … My journey as a romance author actually came LONG before my journey with God. It happened the moment I read Gone With the Wind at the age of twelve. The instant that Scarlett seared Rhett with a look on the winding staircase of Twelve Oaks, I was hooked, and my “romance-writing career” began with a 150-page, single-spaced ms. entitled When Tomorrow C

Fabulous Feature-Terri Reed

Today we welcome author: Terri Reed A commenter will win a copy of Terri's book: Person of Interest Book 1 of the Rookie K-9 Series Scroll down to see how. Mary here.     I asked Terri: how has God led  you on your writing journey? Here is what she said:   Dreams God Has for Me Thank you Mary for hosting me today. When America was attacked in September 2011, the world changed. I remember my heart hurt for those who had suffered and died. I thought how could my writing ever mean anything to anyone when there were more important issues going on in the world.  I had been writing and trying to publish for eight years at that point and was getting discouraged. I had begun to think maybe it was time to let the dream of publishing go.  A few weeks after 9/11 my women’s Bible study went for a weekend retreat to the beach. The theme of the retreat was Dream Big. Throughout the weekend I kept wondering what God would want me to dream