Skip to main content

Come to the Banquet-Israel Virtual Travel



Photo by Mary Vee taken in Venice, Italy

Each morning we have an opportunity to come to a feast.

We wake.

Perhaps exercise.

Shower off the sleep.

Maybe have a hot beverage.

Then comes...and actually this can be before any of the steps above, the opportunity to feast at the banquet.



What banquet is this?

One that offers delicacies that are sweeter than the honeycomb.

Food that brings more than strength to the body and brightens the eyes.

Nourishment that does more than sustains life. It invigorates life.

Gives more comfort than any chocolate or other "comfort food"

This banquet has a menu that exceeds expectations of every palate whether spicy as in Indian, Asian cuisine, southern American, Italian, French, Hungarian, or Russian. 

It satisfies the greatest hunger.

And best of all, everyone is invited... including you!

The location is easy to find and requires no help from Siri, Google, or Map Quest.

Are you interested?

Our Host is well known. 

The wealthiest. 

Gives freely to all in need. 

Sends invitations out to all through messengers. Today I am the messenger.

Come, feast with me. 



Jesus: The kingdom of heaven is like a king whose son was getting married. The king organized a great feast, a huge wedding banquet. Matthew 22:2

The servants went out on the streets and rounded up everyone they laid eyes on, good and bad, regardless. And so the banquet was on—every place filled. Matthew 22:10


You are given God’s Law as food and drink by which you can banquet   Matthew 23:4

And Mary said, I’m bursting with God-news; I’m dancing the song of my Savior God. God took one good look at me, and look what happened— I’m the most fortunate woman on earth! What God has done for me will never be forgotten, the God whose very name is holy, set apart from all others. His mercy flows in wave after wave on those who are in awe before him. He bared his arm and showed his strength, scattered the bluffing braggarts. He knocked tyrants off their high horses, pulled victims out of the mud. The starving poor sat down to a banquet   Luke 1:46-54

He brought me to the banqueting house, And his banner over me was love. Song of Solomon 2:4

It will not be just the children of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob who celebrate at their heavenly banquet at the end of time. No, people will come from the East and the West—and those who recognize Me, regardless of their lineage, will sit with Me at that feast  Matthew 8:11

Sadly:

But there was, of course, still a wedding to celebrate. King (to his remaining servants): The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited didn’t rise to the occasion. Matthew 22:8




This post has been brought to you by the one word: ComeToTheBanquet
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The countdown is in serious motion for the Israel trip. 

Can I be so bold as to ask for good weather? Yes, I will. Because it is difficult to experience all that is to be if the temperatures are cold. Rainy is not a problem, cold is. So if you will, please pray that there will be good weather in Israel.

I'd like you to come along, as a virtual tourist. If you want, join the group on Facebook: Click on this link not the photo: Inspired in Israel  




Comments

quietspirit said…
Thank you for the scriptures. I liked your beginning of your entry.
Thank you. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Fabulous Friday Feature-Laura Frantz

Today I welcome  Laura Frantz, a gracious lady showing the love of Christ with her smile. Enter to win Laura's  September 2013 release, Love's Awakening Scroll to the end of the post to see how to enter. I was introduced to Laura at an ACFW conference by my a fellow Writer's Alley Cat writer. Immediately I saw Laura's gracious spirit. It's been about two years since and I thought of that Christlike spirit when I noticed her new book release. I asked Laura to share with us the journey God has led her on for her writing career. Of course she graciously agreed. Here is what she said: You Were Born For Nothing Less Thanks so much for having me here, Mary. It’s always a joy to revisit my writing journey as it stays fresh and is always humbling to think how God led me to this place.  In a nutshell… I’ve written stories – historical fiction only – since I was seven years old. I think I came into the world hardwired to write. I didn’t

Fabulous Friday Feature-Julie Lessman

Today I welcome a well-known authoress, one with a bubbly, energetic personality  and has become a sweet friend:  Julie Lessman .   Enter to win an autographed copy of one of Julie's books! see below I met Julie through ACFW. She taught the first class I attended at ACFW. Her husband graciously showed, enduring Julie's stories. She taught how to write Christian Romance. We laughed and learned so much that night.  I asked her to share her writing journey with us. Here is what she wrote: My Journey As a Christian Romance Writer … My journey as a romance author actually came LONG before my journey with God. It happened the moment I read Gone With the Wind at the age of twelve. The instant that Scarlett seared Rhett with a look on the winding staircase of Twelve Oaks, I was hooked, and my “romance-writing career” began with a 150-page, single-spaced ms. entitled When Tomorrow C

Fabulous Feature-Terri Reed

Today we welcome author: Terri Reed A commenter will win a copy of Terri's book: Person of Interest Book 1 of the Rookie K-9 Series Scroll down to see how. Mary here.     I asked Terri: how has God led  you on your writing journey? Here is what she said:   Dreams God Has for Me Thank you Mary for hosting me today. When America was attacked in September 2011, the world changed. I remember my heart hurt for those who had suffered and died. I thought how could my writing ever mean anything to anyone when there were more important issues going on in the world.  I had been writing and trying to publish for eight years at that point and was getting discouraged. I had begun to think maybe it was time to let the dream of publishing go.  A few weeks after 9/11 my women’s Bible study went for a weekend retreat to the beach. The theme of the retreat was Dream Big. Throughout the weekend I kept wondering what God would want me to dream