Skip to main content

You Have Worth and Have Something to Smile About


There comes a time when each of us have been able to stand up on a box and shine. You may think you are not one, but, if you give me a moment to help you, I think you will agree that you too have had such a time. Maybe more than once, I hope so.

A time to shine, to beam from the depths of your heart.

It doesn't have to be epic to encourage us. To warm our heart.

I think of a small child who comes to an adult with an object or picture. Their eyes are wide and waiting to see the response. A smile fills their face. Their skin may add color. They are so proud of what they've done and are hopeful...so very hopeful to receive recognition. Encouragement. Support. Pleasure. This is an epic moment.

I think of a teen who has received the recognition they have longed for. Perhaps the unexpected good grade, being elected for school office, their name remembered by someone they didn't expect would notice them. Something from their family. A neighbor. Affirmation. Encouragement. Someone who noticed them and said something nice or acknowledge effort. 

I had a troubled teen life and the accompanying feelings of rejection. A director of a camp spoke at our church. He was funny. I really wanted to go to this teen camp. My dad refused to pay, so I took on jobs and earned the money. I was the only one from my church who went. When I came back and told the other teens what I saw, what we did, the fun we had, others from the teen group listened. The next year nearly all the teens from my church went to the camp and had fun. They probably didn't know how good that made me feel, but it did.

Adults have unusual events that can stir us to feel this sense of accomplishment, worth. It can be a vibrant garden. Something we fixed that actually worked. Friends that come for a visit and have a wonderful time.

Standing on this box and shining doesn't have to happen one time. Nor does it have to be huge, like an Olympic gold medal in the minds of others. But as we reflect on our life, it is to us.


So today is a 



Let it shine 


moment. 

Your life is important and you truly have great worth.


Let's focus on the good and enjoy this day



I get to start.





Last week my novel, Daring to Live, was released on Amazon in paperback and Kindle. This is a patriotic suspense novel. There are already two comments posted and the book just released! 

From Jenni:
Another amazing novel by May Vee.

Others are reading in their spare time.
 
Here is a bit about the story:


Patriotism On American Soil 

Little did Staff Sergeant Ethan Hartman know that being sent stateside would result in his next search and rescue mission. 

Liz Westcott fights for a place to sleep after being evicted. She settles for a local train station, the only available roof. There are those who live under that roof, thieves and liars, who look for people like Liz, welcome them into their family, then prevent their escape. Liz's only hope until she can escape, is Daring to Live another minute. 

Suspense that will keep you reading long into the night.

                      Click here: Daring to Live Paperback                Click here: Daring to Live - Kindle eBook


I look forward to hearing what you think about the story. Please let me know!



This post has been brought to you by the one-word: LetYourLifeShine

Comments


Popular posts from this blog

Fabulous Friday Feature-Laura Frantz

Today I welcome  Laura Frantz, a gracious lady showing the love of Christ with her smile. Enter to win Laura's  September 2013 release, Love's Awakening Scroll to the end of the post to see how to enter. I was introduced to Laura at an ACFW conference by my a fellow Writer's Alley Cat writer. Immediately I saw Laura's gracious spirit. It's been about two years since and I thought of that Christlike spirit when I noticed her new book release. I asked Laura to share with us the journey God has led her on for her writing career. Of course she graciously agreed. Here is what she said: You Were Born For Nothing Less Thanks so much for having me here, Mary. It’s always a joy to revisit my writing journey as it stays fresh and is always humbling to think how God led me to this place.  In a nutshell… I’ve written stories – historical fiction only – since I was seven years old. I think I came into the world hardwired to write. I didn’t

Fabulous Friday Feature-Julie Lessman

Today I welcome a well-known authoress, one with a bubbly, energetic personality  and has become a sweet friend:  Julie Lessman .   Enter to win an autographed copy of one of Julie's books! see below I met Julie through ACFW. She taught the first class I attended at ACFW. Her husband graciously showed, enduring Julie's stories. She taught how to write Christian Romance. We laughed and learned so much that night.  I asked her to share her writing journey with us. Here is what she wrote: My Journey As a Christian Romance Writer … My journey as a romance author actually came LONG before my journey with God. It happened the moment I read Gone With the Wind at the age of twelve. The instant that Scarlett seared Rhett with a look on the winding staircase of Twelve Oaks, I was hooked, and my “romance-writing career” began with a 150-page, single-spaced ms. entitled When Tomorrow C

Fabulous Feature-Terri Reed

Today we welcome author: Terri Reed A commenter will win a copy of Terri's book: Person of Interest Book 1 of the Rookie K-9 Series Scroll down to see how. Mary here.     I asked Terri: how has God led  you on your writing journey? Here is what she said:   Dreams God Has for Me Thank you Mary for hosting me today. When America was attacked in September 2011, the world changed. I remember my heart hurt for those who had suffered and died. I thought how could my writing ever mean anything to anyone when there were more important issues going on in the world.  I had been writing and trying to publish for eight years at that point and was getting discouraged. I had begun to think maybe it was time to let the dream of publishing go.  A few weeks after 9/11 my women’s Bible study went for a weekend retreat to the beach. The theme of the retreat was Dream Big. Throughout the weekend I kept wondering what God would want me to dream