Skip to main content

Shout-Out For Friends, With Kathy McKinsey



Great news comes in packages. Last week I shared one friend's new suspense book release. Scroll down if you missed this fabulous post.



This week, my good friend, Kathy McKinsey announces her new book, All My Tears. I have read these stories and have been so touched by the five women's lives portrayed in this book. Stories of hope, forgiveness, and more.

Kathy belongs to the same ACFW critique group 201 as my last guest and me. I'm so excited to share this second release from our group!

Kathy writes heart-warming women's fiction. She has seen the rough side of life. From these experiences she pens stories destined to help readers who either walk similar paths or know someone who has. 

Kathy has a heart for sharing God's love for us in her stories. She asked to share her thoughts with you:








ALL MY TEARS, releasing April 2, is a collection of five novellas about women fighting battles within themselves. Fear; addiction; regret; anger at God and other people; anger at ourselves; inability to accept forgiveness; loneliness; depression. 

All of us have faced some of these, or other enemies, inside ourselves. The main characters in my book are people like any of us, fighting these villains in ordinary daily life.

What I hope to show through these real-life battles is the true hope and grace we can find to be healed from God.

Meet women whom I pray you will like and who may remind you of yourself or people you know. Share their stories with their friends and families, through struggle and joy, fun and stress, falling and getting up again.

The stories in my book are not autobiographical. However, I have dealt with depression for years. I know what it means to not believe God can forgive me. I have faced the struggles to keep a marriage and a family going strong. And I know how God’s grace can fight, and win, these battles.

Psalm 56:8: “You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.”



Five women search for God’s hope through sorrow and deep troubles.

Meet five women who struggle with life’s deep sorrows. 

*Beth fights to recover from alcoholism and to mend her relationships with her family. 
*Ann doesn’t believe God will forgive her. 
*Kathleen wrestles with a years-old fear and with saving her marriage. 
*Cassie needs to learn to deal with chronic depression. 
*Martie finds herself the single parent of the eight-year-old niece she barely knows when the child’s parents die in a car wreck.

See how God gives them the gifts of hope, healing, and love.



Kathy McKinsey grew up on a pig farm in Missouri, and although she’s lived in cities for nearly 40 years, she still considers herself a farm girl.

She’s been married to Murray for 31 years, and they have five adult children.

She’s had two careers before writing—being a stay-at-home-Mom and working as a rehabilitation teacher of the blind.

Now she lives in Lakewood, Ohio with her husband and two of her children. Besides writing, she enjoys activities with her church, editing for other writers, braille transcribing, crocheting, knitting, and playing with the cat and dogs.

Contact Kathy at:  Kathy.mckinsey@gmail.com

You can also subscribe to her weekly blog: Kathy's Blog


This post has been brought to you by the one-word: KudosKathy!


In other news...

My book, Daring to Live is a finalist in the huge writing contest: the Selahs. Winners will be announced this May.


Available on Amazon: Book Link







Comments

Angie Quantrell said…
Thanks for the post! And great news, on the releases and on the Selah nomination! Yay!
Dave Arp said…
Yeh, Kathy. Congrats and blessings.

Popular posts from this blog

Fabulous Friday Feature-Laura Frantz

Today I welcome  Laura Frantz, a gracious lady showing the love of Christ with her smile. Enter to win Laura's  September 2013 release, Love's Awakening Scroll to the end of the post to see how to enter. I was introduced to Laura at an ACFW conference by my a fellow Writer's Alley Cat writer. Immediately I saw Laura's gracious spirit. It's been about two years since and I thought of that Christlike spirit when I noticed her new book release. I asked Laura to share with us the journey God has led her on for her writing career. Of course she graciously agreed. Here is what she said: You Were Born For Nothing Less Thanks so much for having me here, Mary. It’s always a joy to revisit my writing journey as it stays fresh and is always humbling to think how God led me to this place.  In a nutshell… I’ve written stories – historical fiction only – since I was seven years old. I think I came into the world hardwired to write. I didn’t

Fabulous Friday Feature-Julie Lessman

Today I welcome a well-known authoress, one with a bubbly, energetic personality  and has become a sweet friend:  Julie Lessman .   Enter to win an autographed copy of one of Julie's books! see below I met Julie through ACFW. She taught the first class I attended at ACFW. Her husband graciously showed, enduring Julie's stories. She taught how to write Christian Romance. We laughed and learned so much that night.  I asked her to share her writing journey with us. Here is what she wrote: My Journey As a Christian Romance Writer … My journey as a romance author actually came LONG before my journey with God. It happened the moment I read Gone With the Wind at the age of twelve. The instant that Scarlett seared Rhett with a look on the winding staircase of Twelve Oaks, I was hooked, and my “romance-writing career” began with a 150-page, single-spaced ms. entitled When Tomorrow C

Fabulous Feature-Terri Reed

Today we welcome author: Terri Reed A commenter will win a copy of Terri's book: Person of Interest Book 1 of the Rookie K-9 Series Scroll down to see how. Mary here.     I asked Terri: how has God led  you on your writing journey? Here is what she said:   Dreams God Has for Me Thank you Mary for hosting me today. When America was attacked in September 2011, the world changed. I remember my heart hurt for those who had suffered and died. I thought how could my writing ever mean anything to anyone when there were more important issues going on in the world.  I had been writing and trying to publish for eight years at that point and was getting discouraged. I had begun to think maybe it was time to let the dream of publishing go.  A few weeks after 9/11 my women’s Bible study went for a weekend retreat to the beach. The theme of the retreat was Dream Big. Throughout the weekend I kept wondering what God would want me to dream